I've been working for over 20 years in the different areas involved in planning, design, development and management of software projects. I like simple and practical designs. I use agile methodologies, good practices, design principles and patterns. I love finding the simplest solution for every specific problem. I like to iterate measuring and improving the results.
Random facts of my career:
- I started working in 1998 on an Internet Service Provider, yes those giving access via dial-up modems, on email and web infrastructure.
- I did code to "fix" the Y2K problem and to support the transition to the Euro currency.
- In 2003 I helped building LifeType an open-source blogging platform with support for multiple blogs and users in a single installation. It reached more than a million downloads.
- I founded two, now defunct, companies. qDevel, in 2004, a development boutique specialized in web apps built on top of the LAMP stack. And VESNE in 2007, a start-up focused on developing technology for vertical social networks on top of Rails stack.
- In 2007 we've built moterus, the biggest social network in Spain for motorbike riders.
- I was an Engineering Manager at Jobandtalent. One of the fastest growing companies in Spain backed by Atomico. We've grown the team to ~100 people and scaled the platform to handle 10 million users in just a couple of years.
- I'm currently the CTO, being responsible for technology, people and culture/processes, at Sequra. A Fintech company offering flexible payments.
My current interests are building backend (Ruby, Elixir) and infrastructure (UNIX based systems). I prefer start-ups over corporate. I enjoy managing projects and people helping them growth in a healthy culture/environment.
You can see my full CV on Linkedin.
I do really enjoy riding and travelling on a motorbike, sadly not much time for that in a while, besides that I could list a set of usual topics: music, reading, movies, tv shows, photography,coffee & tea, decent scotch beverages ...
I'm currently living in Barcelona, happily married and father of a two lovely girls.