I've been working for over 20 years in the different areas involved in planning, designing, developing, and managing software products. I like simple and practical designs. I use agile methodologies, good practices, design principles, and patterns. I love finding the simplest solution for every specific problem. I like to iterate, measure, and improve the results.
Random facts about my career:
- I started working in 1998 at an Internet Service Provider, yes, those giving access via dial-up modems, email, and web infrastructure.
- I did code to "fix" the Y2K problem and support the Euro currency transition.
- In 2003 I helped to build LifeType an open-source blogging platform with support for multiple blogs and users in a single installation. It reached more than a million downloads.
- I founded two now-defunct companies. qDevel, in 2004, a development boutique specialized in web apps built on top of the LAMP stack. And VESNE in 2007, a start-up focused on developing technology for vertical social networks on top of Rails stack.
- In 2007 we built moterus, the largest social network in Spain for motorbike riders.
- I was an Engineering Manager at Jobandtalent. One of the Spanish unicorns. We've grown the team to ~100 people and scaled the platform to handle 10 million users in just a few years.
- I'm currently the CTO responsible for technology, people, and culture/processes, at seQura. The payment platform helps people buy the things they love paying in an instant, transparent, flexible,
and fair way.
We've grown the tech team (engineering and product) from 7 to +60 people.
My current motivation/focus is building and growing product-oriented tech organizations with a healthy culture/environment.
You can see my full CV on Linkedin.
I really enjoy riding and traveling on a motorbike, sadly not much time for that in a while. Besides, I could list a set of usual topics: music, reading, movies, tv shows, photography, coffee & tea, decent scotch beverages ...
I'm currently living in Barcelona, happily married, and father of two lovely girls.